Code of Ethics
Members of the Building Industry and Land Development Association shall ...
- plan their projects to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- deal honestly and fairly with their customers and stand behind the quality of their work and service commitments.
- exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the land development and building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or its customers.
- commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- actively promote health and safety principles
- comply with applicable building codes of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety and health
- treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect.
These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as they form part of an obligation as members of the BILD, OHBA and CHBA.