Cost per person: $350 + HST
Bus Pick up & Drop off Location: Vaughan Metro TTC Station, 3150 Hwy 7, Vaughan
About the Tour:
The Waterloo Region and Guelph are built on the foundations of entrepreneurship, innovation,
education and history. This region is undergoing an urban development renaissance focused on
mixed-use, connected transit and adaptive reuse of main street old-world charm.
Join yBILD as we connect with local building and economic development leaders to tour several exciting
projects across the region from Guelph to Waterloo to Cambridge.
Key Focus Areas include:
- Heritage Preservation and Adaptive Reuse
- Urban Growth and Intensification
- Innovation and Attracting Talent
- Planning for Transit
- Evolution of Employment Needs
Learn what economic drivers have encouraged investment and the first-hand lessons learned
from the visionaries responsible for building K-W and Guelph from the ground up.
Transportation, beverages, boxed lunch, and VIP dinner is included. Tour seats are extremely
In consideration of the expected demand for this tour we will have set aside 25 seats for
Builder/Developer members and a maximum of TWO participants per Associate member.
Should space become available additional registrations per company will be considered.
Registrants should be 40 years of age or younger.
- RWDI, Guelph: We'll visit the HQ of these global engineering leaders including an experience of their world class Wind Tunnel.
- The MetalWorks, Guelph (Fusion Homes) A historic mixed-use development along the Speed River.
- Empire Riverland, Breslau (Empire Communities). A master-planned community, including a model home with thousands of dollars in green upgrades.
- Uptown Waterloo & Kitchener Downtown, including One Hundred Condominiums
Tour Guides: Ryan O'Mounsey Supervisor of Economic Development Region of Waterloo and Brian Prudham, Partner, Momentum Developments
- The Gaslight District & Condominiums, Cambridge (HIP Developments). A historic mixed-use development Galt, Cambridge, set to revitalize a new urban core.
Tour Guide: Joel Doherty, Director of Development, HIP Developments.