With Instructors Gord Cooke and Rob Johnston of Building Knowledge Canada.
Date: Friday, May 31, 2019
Location: BILD Offices Time: 8:30 AM-4:30 PM 20 Upjohn Rd, Toronto
$259 + HST HBA member $309 + HST non-member Group rates available. Early bird pricing ends May 15, 2019
High performance air barriers and low infiltration rates are essential for ensuring healthy, comfortable, durable and efficient buildings and enclosure systems. Take this intensive one-day workshop with members of a team that has done more large-building air tightness testing than anyone else in Ontario!
Air tightness testing of commercial and multi-residential buildings is required for low-carbon, near-zero energy building codes and volunteer efficiency building programs (ie, ENERGY STAR Multifamily, LEED), and many Provincial building codes will soon require air testing of large buildings prior to occupancy.
Benefits of Large building air testing:
- Significant reduction in heating and cooling loads
- Preservation of the building enclosure by limiting moisture transport through air leakage
- Notable reduction in occupant comfort concerts (ie, fewer drafts and easier control of interior conditions).
What you will learn:
- Ontario Building code requirements
- Future potential code and program air testing requirements
- Air testing / blower door operation and testing protocol
- Best practice air barrier details, scopes of work and contracts.
Who should attend:
- Site supervisors
- Site service
- Architects and designers (BCIN designates)
- Engineers •Contracts/Purchasing
- Building Officials
- Air barrier trade contractors
- All trade contractors who interact with the envelope of a building
This workshop satisfies OAA, PEO, AEE, OBOA and other Continuing Education Credits
Questions? Please call 416-447-0077 or email Jessika@EnerQuality.ca.