FEE: FREE EXCLUSIVELY FOR BILD MEMBERS
A PASSWORD IS REQUIRED TO JOIN THIS WEBINAR. PLEASE EMAIL EVENTS@BILDGTA.CA FOR THE PASSWORD.
- CATHERINE WILLSON, GSNH
Whether your projects are small or large, an understanding of Contract Law, that of making and enforcing agreements, is key to running your business. In these unusual times, reviewing current and future contracts will ensure the best outcomes and lay the foundation for continued success. We will discuss how the emergency declaration impacts your contractual obligations. Knowing how to proceed with collecting payments or paying your trades will be important to your cash flow and projections. Lastly, we’ll also consider how should you move forward; we will review the tools you should use to amend your contracts and ensure that everyone has the same expectations.
Join Catherine Willson, counsel at Goldman Sloan Nash & Haber LLP, will walk us through key considerations including:
• What does this mean to your existing contracts?
• What clauses should you add to your contracts?
• What needs to be communicated to clients?
• Utilizing change orders to revise your original contract’s construction schedule and payment schedule
• What are the types of clauses you should be putting in your contracts going forward?