Ontario government is providing free rapid test kits to small employers
May 12, 2021
The Provincial Antigen Screening Program provides free rapid antigen test kits to high-risk communities, organizations and essential workplaces, including construction.
Members should be aware that the agreement requires:
Section 4: The Participant shall:
- Ensure that the Test Kits are:
- Used only for the purposes of the Program.
- Not resold or distributed to any other person.
- Report Program data regarding use of the Test Kits through the Health Data Collection Service, at least once every seven (7) calendar days.
- In providing COVID-19 point-of-care antigen testing to individuals using the Test Kits at the Participant’s site, ensure compliance with all applicable laws, provincial or federal directives, and provincial or federal guidance, including:
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Guidance: Considerations for Rapid Antigen Screening.
- Public Health Infection, Prevention and Control (IPAC) guidelines.
- Supply, at the Participant’s own cost, the appropriate human resources and all equipment and supplies (other than the Test Kits themselves) required to perform the COVID-19 point-of-care antigen testing using the Test Kits at the Participant’s site.
- Ensure that the person performing COVID-19 point-of-care antigen testing using the Test Kits at the Participant’s site is a health professional or trained individual that has the appropriate knowledge, skills, judgment, and oversight to perform the test correctly.
Learn more about COVID-19 testing for organizations.