P2470 - Senior Licensing Analyst
Posted on: 17 Nov 2020
The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is a private not-for-profit corporation that if designated by the Government of Ontario, will be the regulatory authority responsible for licensing of Ontario’s new home builders and vendors. HCRA intends to foster improved home quality and homebuyer confidence in the home building industry through modernized licensing standards, education and compliance, providing increased consumer protection through enhanced regulatory measures. To learn more about HCRA please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
Senior Licensing Analyst
HCRA is seeking a continuous improvement-focused professional who thrives in a fast-paced, high-profile environment to fill the role of Senior Licensing Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Licensing and Customer Service, you will:
- provide technical expertise in the review and assessment of high-risk and complex new licensing applications and make recommendations for approvals in accordance with HCRAs licensing criteria and operational policy and under the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017;
- assess competence, financial responsibility and conduct qualifications for a licence through a review of application information;
- conduct licensing interviews, educational assessments and other required assessments;
- provide advice and technical expertise on the interpretation and application of licensing policies and procedures in response to a range of licensing related queries and issues;
develop and implement licensing processes, guidelines, tools and forms, consumer and public education materials to support continuous improvement;
- participate in stakeholder relations education and engagement initiative, etc. to enhance relationships with the building sector;
- provide guidance/team leadership to Licensing Analysts to support the review of new/renewal licensing applications;
- prepare reports, briefs and correspondence, related to licensing trends, issues and assessments, which provide recommendations, accurate information and advice to senior management; and
- establish relationships with stakeholders from the industry, consumer representatives, and homebuyers to facilitate responses to enquiries and concerns relating to the provision of HCRA services.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of three years of progressive experience performing similar duties, preferably in a regulatory environment, with one year of group leadership experience
- Completion of a university degree in business or public administration (or a related field or combination of equivalent education, training and experience)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations such as New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017, and an understanding of the Ontario Building Code Regulation under the Building Code Act, 1992
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, policies and other information sources for the purposes of assessing licence applications and qualifications
- Strong knowledge of home building industry including its business practices to perform assessment activities requiring understanding and application of licensing principles, processes and impacts for effective improvement of licensing processes
- Analytical abilities to evaluate builder and sector issues and trends related to new applications in order to develop enhanced licensing processes, guidelines, tools and forms, consumer and public education materials to support continuous improvement
- Ability to anticipate emerging issues, assesses their nature, complexity, scope and degree of short/long term impacts on business to pro-actively identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Proven initiative and strong organizational and time management skills
- Political acuity and strong judgement to recognize and respond to stakeholder issues stemming from applications which may present risks to HCRA’s consumer protection mandate
- Strong customer service/interpersonal skills to engage vendors and builders and to conduct orientation sessions, applicant interviews; to participate in stakeholder relations education and engagement initiatives that promote understanding of licensing requirements and enhance relationships with consumers and the building sector
- Proficiency in developing professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders where formal authority may not exist.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please contact Diana Pisignani at 416-237-1500 x238. For more information about HCRA or to view other career opportunities, please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
HCRA will offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and a defined contribution pension plan.
We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
HCRA IS AN INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.